Stephen Kaufman is Chairman of Comiskey Kaufman Consulting, LLC and is a Managing Director with Fulcrum Partners.
Together with Gus Comiskey, in 1978, Stephen founded Comiskey Kaufman, Inc. After selling their organization to Clark Consulting in 2002, Stephen joined Clark as a Managing Director in their southwest region. In 2007, Stephen and Gus elected to become Independent Consultants of Clark Consulting and later to join with other Clark Consultants in forming Fulcrum Partners.
Fulcrum Partners recognizes Stephen as an industry pioneer in designing and funding nonqualified executive benefit plans. Stephen and Gus have a sub-specialty of working with high net-worth individuals and family businesses in estate and business succession planning, particularly in underwriting their life insurance needs.
Stephen also shares his extensive knowledge of executive benefits through numerous speaking engagements and published articles. Active in his community, he is a member of the Board of Directors for several organizations.
Degrees, Certifications, and Registrations
Stephen Kaufman, Fulcrum Partners // Leading and Serving in Houston
- National Association of Corporate Directors, Texas Tri-Cities Chapter, Board Member, founding member
- Jewish Community Centers Association of North America, Executive Committee
- Houston Zoo, Inc., Board Member
- Collaborative for Children, Board Chair
- Jewish Federation of Greater Houston, Board Member
- Past Co-General Campaign Chair, United Way of the Texas Gulf Coast
- Houston Grand Opera Endowment, Board Member.
Stephen Kaufman and his wife Ann are widely recognized in the Houston community for their leadership and support of worthy and charitable initiatives. Committed to travel, education, and exploring the world themselves, through their service and generosity the Kaufmans have opened doors of opportunity for others.
In 2013, Ann and Stephen Kaufman were honored with the renaming of the annual Jewish Book & Arts Fair as “The Ann and Stephen Kaufman Jewish Book and Arts Fair.” Featuring literary and cultural events, this is one of the largest Jewish book fairs in the nation. (Read the Fulcrum Partners media release here: Stephen Kaufman of Fulcrum Partners Creates Legacy Through the Houston Jewish Book & Arts Fair)
You can download photos for the Fulcrum Partners team and more information about Fulcrum Partners Executive Benefits Consultancy here: Authorized Image and Document Download
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
Publications and Presentations
- Fulcrum Partners Houston Led by Executive Benefits Pioneers (April 27, 2017)
- “Executive Benefits Consulting”
- “COLI Marketing Un-Wrapped”
- “New SEC Disclosure Rules — Impact Upon Executive Benefits”
- “The New Frontier of Executive Compensation”