Gus Comiskey, Jr. is President of Comiskey Kaufman Consulting, LLC and is a Managing Director with Fulcrum Partners. Fulcrum Partners recognizes Gus as an industry pioneer in designing and funding nonqualified executive benefit plans.
Together with Stephen Kaufman, in 1978, Gus founded Comiskey Kaufman, Inc. After selling their organization to Clark Consulting in 2002, Gus joined Clark as a Managing Director in their southwest region. In 2007, Gus and Stephen elected to become independent consultants of Clark Consulting and later to join with other Clark Consultants in forming Fulcrum Partners.
Gus and Stephen have a sub-specialty of working with high net worth individuals and family businesses in estate and business succession planning, particularly in underwriting their life insurance needs through Comiskey Kaufman Consulting, LLC.
Degrees, Certifications, and Registrations
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 65 registered
- Harvard Business School, Continuing Studies
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Master of Business Administration
- Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Business Administration
Gus Comiskey, Fulcrum Partners // Leading and Serving in Houston
Gus Comiskey has been actively involved in professional and community service organizations throughout his career. Among the organizations he has devoted his time and talents to are:
- Executive Board of the Cox School of Business at Southern Methodist University
- Spring Spirit Baseball, Board Member
- University of Texas Health, Development Board
- Board of Visitors of M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Greater Houston Community Foundation, Past Chairman
- Board of the American Red Cross – Houston Chapter, Past Chairman
- Board of Stewards at Chapelwood United Methodist Church, Past Chairman
- Houston CLU® Chapter, Past Chairman
- Association for Advanced Life Underwriting, Past Chairman
- Texas Business Hall of Fame, Past Chairman
- Houston Lighthouse for the Blind, Past Chairman
Gus Comiskey and his wife Karen are active in charitable work and service in the Houston community. Gus also enjoys ranching, golfing, fishing, and especially spending time with Gus and Karen’s two sons and four grandsons.
You can download photos for the Fulcrum Partners team and more information about Fulcrum Partners Executive Benefits Consultancy here: Authorized Image and Document Download
Check the background of this investment professional on FINRA's BrokerCheck
Publications and Presentations
- Fulcrum Partners Houston Led by Executive Benefits Pioneers (April 27, 2017)